Publication date: Mar 07, 2019
Opioid related overdoses have been declared an epidemic in the United States, one that requires all health care providers take an active role in balancing patients’ pain management needs with opioid stewardship. This Vizient webcast will help hospitals outline a multi-faceted strategy to combat the opioid epidemic with examples from integrated delivery networks.
This webcast is a part of the Vizient HIIN Community Knowledge Network Education series. Featured guests include David Ring, MD, PhD, associate dean for Comprehensive Care and professor, Dell Medical School-The University of Texas, Austin and Monica Morgan, PharmD, system director, Clinical Pharmacy Services, Ochsner Health System.
Originally aired: Nov. 29, 2017. www.vizientinc.com
- Intermountain makes major strides in reducing prescribed opioids
- Potential strategies to combat the opioid crisis.
- Managing Cancer Pain: Assessing the Risk for Nonmedical Opioid Use
- Dr. Jen Discusses Which States are Hit Hardest by Fentanyl and Opioids on HLN
- The Tightrope Walk: Pain Management and Opioid Stewardship.
- Taking a holistic approach to opioid addiction treatment