Publication date: Mar 13, 2019
LabRoots – Drug Discovery Virtual Event 2019
Sarah Warren, PhD – Director, Advanced Applications, NanoString
Sarah Warren is the director of advanced applications at NanoString and leads the early immuno-oncology research program. Prior to joining NanoString, she founded and ran Oncofactor Corp, a biotech focused on discovery of novel immune checkpoint inhibitors and development of therapeutics to block their activity. She has a PhD in immunology from the University of Washington and undergraduate degrees in biochemistry and English from Iowa State University.
Evaluating Biomarkers for Response to Neoadjuvant Immune Checkpoint Blockade in Melanoma
Surgery is the first line of treatment for Stage III melanoma. Often adjuvant therapy is administered post-surgery, which can include weeks of radiation, chemotherapy, targeted drug therapy, or immunotherapy. Previous preclinical studies suggest that treatment with neoadjuvant immune checkpoint blockade may lead to increased survival compared to adjuvant treatment1. This webinar will cover recent data from parallel but independent clinical trials explored the efficacy of anti-PD-1 and/or anti-CLTA4 combination immunotherapy plus surgery in patients with early stage melanoma2,3.
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
1. Gain an appreciation for how multiplexed spatial profiling via GeoMx can aid in tumor characterization
2. Understand how GeoMx profiling was used in the 2 studies presented to identify biomarkers of response to immunotherapy and complement other molecular profiling strategies
Earn PACE/CME Credits:
1. Make sure you’re a registered member of LabRoots (https://www.labroots.com/virtual-event/drug-discovery-2019)
2. Watch the webinar on YouTube above or on the LabRoots Website (https://www.labroots.com/virtual-event/drug-discovery-2019)
3. Click Here to get your PACE (Expiration date – February 27, 2021 12:00 PM) – https://www.labroots.com/credit/pace-credits/3269/third-party
LabRoots on Social:
- Dr. Sullivan on Considerations for Treatment in Metastatic Melanoma
- Neoadjuvant Anti-PD-1 Predicts Melanoma Outcomes
- A Dual-Bioresponsive Drug-Delivery Depot for Combination of Epigenetic Modulation and Immune Checkpoint Blockade.
- New Developments in Melanoma Research and Novel Treatment Options Close to Home
- Prevalence and cellular distribution of novel immune checkpoint targets across longitudinal specimens in treatment-naïve melanoma: implications for clinical trials.
- Do I Need More Treatment After Surgery?