Publication date: Apr 19, 2019
Dr. Gladstone McDowell is a global leader in pain management who will provide the latest perspective on how best practices in pain management can impact opioid addiction using the 5 Rights of Pain Care framework model.
Kim New, JD, BSN, RN, will be a reactor and provide a short update on the drug diversion issues. David Marx, JD, the founder of the Just Culture movement, will provide his view of the recent Vanderbilt medical error and indictment of a nurse.
Dr. Gregory Botz and Chief William Adcox from MD Anderson Cancer Center will provide a Med Tac update with a review of the deaths of mass casualty events from recently published autopsy data to help us understand deaths that may be prevented from bystander care.
- InageneTM Launches Personalized InsightsTM for Pain Management and Cannabis and Opioid Use.
- Opioids in the Management of Acute Pediatric Pain: An Update in a Time of Crisis.
- This Drug Could Help End the Opioid Crisis
- CDC’s Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Health officials warn against rapidly tapering down opioids for pain patients: ‘It’s a game-changer’
- Weaning From Long-term Opioid Therapy.
- Opioid Taper Study
- Clinicians’ perceptions of opioid error-contributing factors in inpatient palliative care services: A qualitative study.
- ECRI Institute and EHR Association Collaborate on New Recommendations for Safer Opioid Prescribing
- Time for accountability and change: institutional gaps in pain care during the opioid crisis.
- Evaluating Chronic Pain Self-Management Support With an Opioid De-prescribing Intervention