Publication date: May 13, 2019
Genetic variability from epigenetic modification of genes related to pain physiology and opioid pharmacodynamics may influence susceptibility to high-impact chronic musculoskeletal pain, opioid efficacy, and vulnerability to opioid abuse. Exploring the role of epigenomics and opioid addiction may improve understanding and treatment of these complex multifactorial conditions and, potentially, reduce their development.
- Defining the opioid crisis, at home and nationwide
- The Opioid Crisis – Origins of an American health emergency
- Opioid Crisis Survey: Patients Support Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs to Curb Abuse
- Opioid Crisis Survey: 20% of Patients Face Trouble Obtaining Controlled Substance Prescriptions
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Pain Management in Acute Musculoskeletal Injury.