Publication date: Jul 17, 2019
We can leverage the power of this new information age to transform how we detect, respond to and even predict disease outbreaks. But we need imagination and aligned action. Learn more about how you can join the movement at https://www.platformi.io/.
Wendy Taylor has worked for the last two decades catalyzing innovations to tackle some of the world’s toughest global health challenges and utilizing market-based solutions to scale for impact. She founded and built the Center for Innovation and Impact at the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and Bio Ventures for Global Health (BVGH). Working across a wide range of health conditions, she has launched multiple Grand Challenges, catalyzing $140 million in R&D investments; spearheaded innovative finance deals; developed and shaped market incentives; and created multiple public private partnerships. Under her Rockefeller Foundation Fellowship, she is exploring how to advance opportunities in artificial intelligence, digital health and data technologies to transform global health, including applying advanced outbreak analytics to pandemic threats to enable effective outbreak prediction, earlier detection and precision response.
Watch more RockyTalks: https://www.rockefellerfoundation.org/rockytalks
Follow The Rockefeller Foundation on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RockefellerFdn
Like The Rockefeller Foundation on Facebook:
Sign up for our enewsletter: http://eepurl.com/Z3-o5
- Precision Medicine Webinar Training May 2019
- Nicholas Christakis, Yale – 2019 Stanford Medicine Big Data | Precision Health
- i2b2 tranSMART Foundation Harvard Symposium 2019 – Extending i2b2 into a framework for semantic abstraction of EHR
- Next generation molecular medicine: unlocking big data for precision oncology and infectious disease.
- Cigna Ventures leads $23M funding round in precision medicine company GNS Healthcare
- Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo, UCSF – 2019 Stanford Medicine Big Data | Precision Health
- Scalable biclustering – the future of big data exploration?