Publication date: Sep 11, 2019
AI has already made its way into in the medical field, and today, Dr. Eric Topol gives us a sense of the many ways in which medical professionals are already taking advantage of this technology. Dr. Topol is a cardiologist and the author of Deep Medicine: How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Human Again. He acknowledges AI’s security risks, but is optimistic for the future of health that AI is helping to usher in.
Conversation with Dr. Topol (0:50)
Dr. Eric Topol is a cardiologist.
Dr. Topol is the founder and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute.
You can find Dr. Topol’s book here: Deep Medicine: How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Human Again.
We want to hear from you.
Please send us your comments, suggested topics, and listener questions for future All Turtles Podcast episodes.
- Can You Read Me? How AI Can Help Bring Radiology Out of the Dark Ages
- Why data sharing and privacy are key to advance medical research for patients
- Genomic Prediction of Complex Traits and Disease Risks via AI/ML and Large Genomic Datasets
- Personalizing Patient Engagement with AWS Cloud
- How New Tools In Data And AI Are Being Used In Healthcare And Medicine
- Will Precision Medicine work for me? Advances and Challenges in Cancer Research