Publication date: Dec 01, 2019
The proper treatment of pain is yet a major medical challenge. To obtain a long-term analgesia action, opioid therapy is the gold standard therapy for overcoming a chronic pain. Nanotechnology focus on formulating therapeutic agents encapsulated in a biocompatible nanocarriers (?10-200 nanometer), these include but not limited to nanoparticles, liposomes and nanocapsules, micelles, dendrimers and nanotubes. This review gives an overview of current strategies of pain treatment with the help of the knowledge of nanotechnology. In addition, the applications of nano-innovation in oxidative therapy, genotoxicity and immunogenicity, are elucidated.
Beiranvand, S. and Sorori, M.M. Pain management using nanotechnology approaches. 04296. 2019 Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol (47):1.
- Nanoparticle drug delivery provides pain relief and more effective opioid alternative in animal study
- Potentiation of morphine-induced antinociception by harmaline: involvement of μ-opioid and ventral tegmental area NMDA receptors.
- Statewide Utilization of Multimodal Analgesia and Length of Stay After Colectomy.
- A Pragmatic Utility Function to Describe the Risk-Benefit Composite of Opioid and Nonopioid Analgesic Medication.
- Perioperative Analgesia on Postoperative Opioid Usage and Pain Control in H&N Cancer Surgery
- Oral Prednisolone Effect on Cancer WHO Stepladder Analgesia Protocol