Publication date: Feb 10, 2020
Clinicians in molecular tumor boards (MTB) are confronted with a growing amount of genetic high-throughput sequencing data. Today, at German university hospitals, these data are usually handled in complex spreadsheets from which clinicians have to obtain the necessary information. The aim of this work was to gather a comprehensive list of requirements to be met by cBioPortal to support processes in MTBs according to clinical needs. Therefore, oncology experts at nine German university hospitals were surveyed in two rounds of interviews. To generate an interview guideline a scoping review was conducted. For visual support in the second round, screenshot mockups illustrating the requirements from the first round were created. Requirements that cBioPortal already meets were skipped during the second round. In the end, 24 requirements with sometimes several conceivable options were identified and 54 screenshot mockups were created. Some of the identified requirements have already been suggested to the community by other users or are currently being implemented in cBioPortal. This shows, that the results are in line with the needs expressed by various disciplines. According to our findings, cBioPortal has the potential to significantly improve the processes and analyses of an MTB after the implementation of the identified requirements.
Open Access PDF
Buechner, P., Hinderer, M., Unberath, P., Metzger, P., Boeker, M., Acker, T., Haller, F., Mack, E., Nowak, D., Paret, C., Schanze, D., von Bubnoff, N., Wagner, S., Busch, H., Boerries, M., and Christoph, J. Requirements Analysis and Specification for a Molecular Tumor Board Platform Based on cBioPortal. 06328. 2020 Diagnostics (Basel) (10):2.
|High Throughput Sequencing|
- AMLVaran: a software approach to implement variant analysis of targeted NGS sequencing data in an oncological care setting.
- Support of a molecular tumour board by an evidence-based decision management system for precision oncology.
- Molecular profiling for precision cancer therapies
- Molecular profiling for precision cancer therapies.
- Visualizing an Ethics Framework: A Method to Create Interactive Knowledge Visualizations From Health Policy Documents.
- DESTINY – An Innovative Platform for Personalized Medicine from Doctors for Doctors & Patients